occasions, more sensible heels

occasions, more sensible heels

Postby caicai2017 » 2018-07-03 01:53

“The Chuck Taylor, immediately I was like, ‘We have to put the Nike Swoosh on the Chuck Taylor and give that impossible product to the kids,'” he said. “There’s Nike Air Max 90 Femme rules to follow, and there’s rules Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink to break, and you have to creatively break the rules.”

Abloh continued, “Because this is a huge company, we can’t just start swapping logos and confusing a whole generation on what’s what. If you notice in the finer details of that shoe, my workaround — which I love the first no, because it gives me a strategy on how to get the same idea through — is that there was a Swoosh, and I Asics Gel lyte 3 Homme removed it Nike Air Max Command Dames and cut the Nike label that’s on all the shoes. It’s technically not there, but it’s there.”As American fashion has slowly become more casual, so has footwear. That trend has become especially apparent in women's sneaker sales, which have surged 37 percent throughout the U.S. in 2017. Meanwhile, sales of high heels have declined 11 percent during the same time period, according to the NPD Group's Retail Nike Air Max 95 Femme Tracking Service.

Brands like Nike, Adidas, Dr. Scholl's, Roxy, Puma, Steve Madden and UGG, are just a few of the names that are getting the benefit of women slipping into more comfortable footwear. The trend is twofold: Consumers want comfort, and there are more options across all shoe categories.It's becoming kind of a basic consumer need to have comfort and the desire to be comfortable because everybody's so busy and running Nike Air Pegasus 89 Dames around all the time," Beth Goldstein, NPD's executive director and industry analyst for fashion footwear and accessories, told CNBC.

"Brands that are focusing on comfort are doing better, because that's definitely something that women of all ages want," she said. The sneaker trend will likely continue in the double digits for the next few years, Goldstein added, as it becomes more of a lifestyle choice.Conversely, Nike Air Max 90 Dames sky-high heels — shoes with heels three inches or higher — are tumbling the fastest, Goldstein said, as consumers gravitate toward one pair of shoes that can be worn both day and night. Even for dressier occasions, more sensible heels are increasingly popular, the analyst said.

But it's not for a lack of choices in the shoe department. Retail inventory of high heels has risen 28 percent in 2017, compared with Adidas ZX Flux Womens the year before, Nike Air Max 90 Damen Pink according to Edited, a market research firm."I don't think it's so much of a rejection in high heels as much as it is that there are many alternatives," said Gerald Storch, CEO of Storch Advisors, a retail advisory firm. He said women are actually buying more shoes — just across different categories.

"Women still wear high heels for for fancy events," Storch said, who has also served as vice Nike Air Max Tavas Femme chairman of Target. In fact, the boom in sensible shoes has become a way for consumers to express their personalities, he added.

"You can show masculinity, you can show femininity," he said. "You don't simply have to take a different color of a high heel shoe."
caicai2017

Return to Announcements