White 1/2 band on female guppy

Post here if you have an emergency! For general health questions post in the appropriate "Health, care and maintenance" forum.

Postby Stressed » 2006-04-23 23:25

Ok... I have a female guppy that has a white band/ stripe on one side of her body and not on the other it seems slighly raised, is there a disease that shows up like this?

Water is in good condition, tea looking water has lightened quite a bit.
nitrate 20ppm
nitrite 0
Nh4= 0
gh= 150
kh = somewhere between 80 and 120.. i hate these strips
ph= around 7.0

I have a 20 gallon undergravel filteration with air stones, and a powered external charcoal filter that has a biowheel. For decorations I have all natural amazon and micro sword pants and a a piece of driftwood. Tank temp is at a steady 76 degrees F. Water changes at 25 - 50% weekly. Tank is treated with declorinator and 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons so ( 4 tlbs of salt for the whole 20 gallon tank.)

Even with softening the water the Oto cats still passed away so i gave up... is there any othe algae eaters that are small like ottos but like hard water?

Sold 13 guppys and 7 dalmation mollys for store credit and purchased some non living breeding fish to cut down on the fry... Tank stocking is as follows:

3 copperfire gornami
4 long fin danio
2 male guppys ( one of my males is not breeding, he perfers chasing the males around the tank? I believe I have a homosexual fish.... LOL)
3 female guppys
1 small cool looking feeder guppy ( looks like he is poka dotted and he's mulit colored with a v shaped rear tain fin)
2 female swordtails
1 male swordtail
4 female molly ( 3 are dalmation)( two of these are still small only a month old)
1 male molly
4 female platty
1 male mickey mouse platty
2 corty cats
2 kuhlii loaches
3 gold barbs
and one unidentified fish that looks a lot like a oto but i know it's not an oto..
I know i am seriously overstocked but I have not seen any water problems or oxygen problems.

I aslo have another 20 gallon tank in the garage I am going to test to see if it holds water. I am thinking about starting a more agressive tank with Barbs, angels and sharks. Anyone have any good recomendations for tankmates on that one? And... can Plattys, mollys and swordtails live in that kind of a tank without becoming lunch?

While testing out this tank and it passes... any recomendations on how i should set it up and what fish i should move to it, and what new ones i should get for the new tank? How long do i have to let this tank sit before I know it's not going to leak?
Stressed

Postby saracen » 2006-04-24 10:56

The only thing that I can think of that Manifests like that would be some kind of fungus.... Is it cotton-wooly at all, or just a plain band?

The new tank sounds great! I would fill it and leave it for a good couple of days to check for leaks. If you are feeling extra cautious I would go for the full week!

If you are moving fish out into the new tank, Iw ould go for the gold barbs to be moves over along with the move active and robust fish, the Swortails and mollys would be fine, but the platties tend to be a little more relaxed and gentle.

Before you start looking at any more different fish, you do need to build up the groups of the fish that you already have. The corys need to be in groups of 6-8 to be happy, so do the kuhlis.

That would make a nice 20 actually...

I would put the corys and kuhlis in, making them up to their groups, then put the swords in and the mollies, then build up your gold barb school to 8-10 to cut down on the aggression. This would make a nicely active tank.

Good luck!
Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby Stressed » 2006-04-25 19:01

No leaks in the tank... so I set I up... wow was that expensive. I moved the Danios, mollys, swords, two sails, and gold barbs into it (15 fish). I want to eventually add two angels

IN the other 20 gallon tank I have guppies, plattys, gornami, two kuhlii and the two cory cats. (17 fish). I'm just wating to add a few more platty and guppy females into this tank male to female ratio 3 males: 4 females.
Stressed

Postby Stressed » 2006-04-26 02:33

OK what I initally thought was a fungus wasn't a fungus at all it looks like some of her scales are gone and she has red spots. Bacterial right?... I have her isolated in a 1 galloon tank with some Bionx.... lets hope I'm doing this correctly.
Stressed

Postby KittyKat » 2006-04-26 07:42

could be bacterial, but also could be a result of aggression: some of the species you've got there will be quite nasty to guppies.

what are your copperfire gornamis? are they the same as honney gouramis?
for now you need to put a full stop on buying livebearers. they will be OK as they are now for a while and by that time you'll probably have lots of fry and you could keep some of the females. in the mean time, my advice is to cycle the new tank and then to sort out the fish between the two.

50% water changes aren't realy a good thing, it's better to do 25% twice a week

*the 20 gal is too small for angels and most sharks*

good luck :tup:
Kat
stock list | main display tank | 60 litre cycle log (aka, guide for beginners) | Flickr
KittyKat
Site admin

Postby Surface » 2006-04-26 11:49

Definately dont put angels in a 20g, I have 3 in a 30g and am having agression problems as we speek. And from personal experience sharks need lots of room or will die off within weeks or months.
" Fashion fades but style is eternal."

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Surface
Addicted member

Postby Stressed » 2006-04-27 18:11

Ok, how long do I keep this female guppy in the hosptial tank? The red spots are gone but it still looks like she is missing some scales... she'll grow them back right?
Stressed

Postby KittyKat » 2006-04-27 18:18

Yes, she will. Keep her ther untill you have completed the full medication course, then you can put her back ;)
Kat
stock list | main display tank | 60 litre cycle log (aka, guide for beginners) | Flickr
KittyKat
Site admin

Postby Stressed » 2006-04-27 19:20

I don't plan on purchasing any angels. I have been having luck with the gournamis. I have three honey and three copperfire ... the copperfire are just a very deep red orange and are very closely related to the honey. I added some floating plants since gournamis are bubble nest builders, they needed a place to build one. One of my honey gouramis is really dark with a black bottom fin, while the others are very light colored which i was told that they change colors like that when they are ready to breed... I'll keep you all informed if they actually breed or not :D
Stressed

Postby Indigo Blue Fish » 2006-04-27 21:25

Well, the more plants you add the more places they have to hide from aggressive fish...
Indigo Blue Fish
Addicted member

Postby Surface » 2006-04-27 21:52

Stressed wrote: No leaks in the tank... so I set I up... wow was that expensive. I moved the Danios, mollys, swords, two sails, and gold barbs into it (15 fish). I want to eventually add two angels

I was just sharing in regards to what you said. Am glad your not putting angels in there.
" Fashion fades but style is eternal."

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Surface
Addicted member

Re: White 1/2 band on female guppy

Postby aaaaa1987 » 2018-01-05 07:33

rice color sorter is the most advanced in color sorting machines, to give maximum profit using low compressed air consumption and minimum product loss.
rice color sorter machine is a machine for sorting rice.
color sorter machine is very good price, you can choose what you like or which you need.
rice colour sorter is CCD colour sorter machine used for sorting rice for food industry.
colour sorter machine is worthy of the primacy in this field by right of its superior effectiveness, reliable performance and large proportion share of market.
rice color sorting machine offer wide range of rice color sorters and grain color sorters for the food industry.
color sorting machine as one top sorter products of grotechcolorsorter available for all kinds of rice applications.
rice colour sorting machine apply to separating granular materials according to the difference of optical properties.
colour sorting machine include four types rice color sorter.
rice sorting machine of meyer ancoo brand is your best choice.
rice sorter machine separates rice grains according to color differences in raw rice arising from anomalies like bits of stone, bad rice, black rice, etc.
rice color sorter is designed for sorting wheat, cereal and grain in food processed plant.
rice color sorter machine is good brand for sorting rice and grains.
color sorter machine is based on differences in the optical properties of rice.
rice colour sorter is a rice sieving machine that takes advantages of CCD sensor and digital processing system.
colour sorter machine are used in sorting and segregating various agricultural products including grains, wheat, rice, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coffee, & nuts.
rice color sorting machine is specially configured for effective and efficient sorting of food grains.
color sorting machine have been engaged in the design, installation and modernization of color sorter
rice colour sorting machine is the most popular colour sorting machine.
colour sorting machine is used for sorting varity grains.
meyer corp is No.1 color sorting machine supplier in China.
meyer corporation is the leading manufacturer and exporter of color sorting machines and food processing mill machinery for rice, dal, grains and other pulses.
rice sorting machine is used for separating different grains like rice and millet on the basis of color.
rice sorter machine is specially designed for sorting light yellow rice and micro color spot rice.
rice color sorter Ancoo is the brand of Meyer.
rice color sorter machine supplier here also provide high quality millet color sorter machine, cost-effective products and services.
rice colour sorter is the first of its kind in grain sorting system with specialized features for high quality, fast and accurate sorting with ease of use.
rice colour sorter machine will do the sorting work quickly and efficiently.
color sorter machine is suitable for raw rice and boiled rice.
colour sorter machine have in recent years become a vital component in the wheat flour milling process.
color sorter machine manufacturer Ancoo is NO.1 in China.
rice color sorter machine is reasonable machine for food industry.
rice sorting machine is manufactured using high quality raw materials and are quality tested in each stage of the manufacturing.
rice sorter machine is according to the color differences of granular materials in raw rice.
vacuum pumps are also available in different specifications as per the requirement of the clients.
vacuum pump is widely praised for its superior performance and capacity.
bombas de vacío es el equipo de vacío más utilizado.
bombas de vacío industriales es su mejor opción para la producción.
bombas de vacío son dispositivos que mejoran, crean y mantienen el vacío en una variedad de espacios cerrados en una variedad de formas.
bomba de vacío se pueden dividir básicamente en dos tipos, a saber, trampas de gas y bombas de transferencia de gas.
centrifugal pump is the most commonly used kinetic-energy pump.
centrifugal pumps are a sub-class of dynamic axisymmetric work-absorbing turbomachinery.
centrifugal pump manufacturer is your best choice for getting centrifugal pumps.
commercial ice maker is critical to ensuring your establishment is successful in delivering cold drinks to your customer.
commercial ice makers are great for any restaurant, bar, concession stand, hospital, or hotel.
commercial ice machine is the ressential equipment for restaurant and bar.
commercial ice machines are the best equipment for restaurant and bar, and hotel.
machining centers are designed to handle large parts including steel molds or other hardened materials.
machining center is the best choice for processing machine parts.
machining centers will make your shop more productive & more profitable.
machining center vertical is a machining center with its spindle in a vertical orientation.
meyer rice color sorter
ancoo rice color sorter
rice color sorter meyer
rice color sorter ancoo
meyer rice color sorting
ancoo rice color sorting
rice color sorting meyer
rice color sorting ancoo
color sorter machine meyer
color sorter machine ancoo
meyer rice color sorter machine
ancoo rice color sorter machine