Dink

New here? Got anything to chat or rant about? Here's the place!

Postby saracen » 2007-02-22 13:04

We lost our old dog Fabbi to old age in the middle of January, and of course swore that we were not going to get another one....

But then, Dink needed a home....

She couldn't stay at her current one because they just wern't suited to having a high maintinance mutt like her around.

She is an 8 month old 3/4 Staff, 1/4 Rott cross. Constant motion mutt, that only settles when you do, and then right at your feet, but she has such a lovely temperament. Great with the kids, getting there with the other animals (it's not that she is trying to eat them, but just that they are so interesting! There is only so much "interest" that a pig can take....)

Great on the lead, slightly brainless when off it, but only in the "ooohh, bird! How far can I chase it before my one brain cell kicks in?" kind of way!

So here she is!

Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby railinsp » 2007-02-22 14:39

:lol2: Yep saracen I know what you mean we have a about 4 month dog which was put out in our yard. believe part lab and part rockreiller. but a sweet dispo and just a good loving dog to everyone. and your dog has that look of a people dog enjoy
<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'> safe day today a future for tomorrow</span></span></span><br><br><a href='http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/bruce187/fish/trops/' target='_blank'>http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/bruce187/fish/trops/</a> <span style='color:orange'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>my fish</span></span><br><br><a href='http://www.cranberryconsultants.com/bruceherring/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1' target='_blank'>http://www.cranberryconsultants.com/bruceh...ntpage&Itemid=1</a> <br>my web page <a href='http://eapr-1/@' target='_blank'></a>
railinsp

Postby Indigo Blue Fish » 2007-02-22 18:22

Heh - that loo in the second one - that says "I see you doing something - I'd join in... but I just can't be bothered for the moment."
Indigo Blue Fish
Addicted member

Postby smiley » 2007-02-22 21:42

haha cutie !

she looks like she cant be bothered to do anything lol
can plecs see what they are eating ?
smiley
Addicted member

Postby saracen » 2007-02-25 19:14

She is a cutie! And that can't be bothered thing? It's all a front, waiting til you get your guard down, then she pounces with the enormous wall of death dog stunt!
Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby saracen » 2007-02-27 09:47

Could I just take a moment of your time yell at the world in general?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Staff + Rott does not equal Pit Bull!!!!!</span></span>

Honestly... The amount of people who are convinced that my poor maligned pup is going to eat their children whole, I have to wonder at the brains of these people...

When the dog is walking calmly beside a pram, with 2 year old holding the lead, is there really any indication that you are going to be lunch for this animal? I think not.

And as for dragging the children away? Well, lets see how we convince our children that all animals are scary creatures to be run from screaming in one easy step!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Ok.... calm now...
Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby Indigo Blue Fish » 2007-02-27 10:42

Good on you Saracen. There is too much hype over those poor lovely animals.

Dink doesn't even look like a PBT - stupid uneducated public.

Yes, you people breed fear into your children, because it's really smart to be afraid of the unknown, instead of dangerously questioning and riskily thinking about things.

*rumbles loudly*

Best "death dog" I ever came across was Tango, a giant Boxer.
He would bound up to you, tower over ANYONE on two legs, slap his paws on yous shoulder to push you over and savage you.
With his gigantic tongue.
He could lick your whole face with just one sweep of that monstrosity.

Any more Dink pics?
Indigo Blue Fish
Addicted member

Postby saracen » 2007-02-27 11:15

He he! Tango sounds like fun! My mother in law had a giant boxer too, and he had all 18 inches of his knee-cap destroying tail too! Could clear a coffee table in one mighty swoop.... Will have to dig out dome pics of him...

At the club where my mum worked they had a giant Rott named Boris. They would let him behind the bar to choose his own crisps, then he would pat the bag opn, eat the crisps, and leave a completely intact bag for someone to collect... But when the burglar alarm went off, they used to open the door, let Boris in, and have a fag on the step. By the time the fag was done, if there was anyone in there, they would have been pinned to the floor by Boris, so all that was left was to try and stop Boris drowning them before the police got there!

One more of Dink....

Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby Indigo Blue Fish » 2007-02-27 11:48

Hehe - Boxers are great!

Aww Dink's such a cheeky creature. I still stand by my word that she looks nothing like a Pittie though - her head shape's more the Rott side than anything, it's that classic eyebrow line.
Indigo Blue Fish
Addicted member

Postby saracen » 2007-02-27 12:03

Her nose isn't long enough, she isn't physically large enough, eyes too big, and her face is too expressive for pit, but I suppose if you don't know what you are looking at, then there are passing similarites....

Pit

But Dink is far too small, delicately boned, has the cheeks of a Staff and that Rott brow line. People really need to look a bit more carefully at what they are actually saying...
Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby saracen » 2007-03-19 13:12

A Dink update!

First, the pics of Ben the Boxer with his tail....

And now Dink!

She is doing really well, althought the birds, kids playing football and remote control cars are just too much fun for the one brain cell to resist! We had such fun with the petrol powered remote car that the bloke was really good about.... He spent a good half hour letting Dink chase it then turning it round to chase Dink.... he said it would save me having to walk all the way round the park if he tired her out!

Getting big now.... 16 in at the shoulder, 23 to the top of her head.

Good shot of "Kinky-Dink's" tail... she could be Harry Potters dog with a tail like that...

"Am I a good girl Mummy?"

Played hard, now sleepy dog.

"Was that a biscuit?"

"Gimme the Biscuit!!!"

Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby smiley » 2007-03-19 22:05

haha good captions
She is a stunning PIT BULL, isnt she? :bmp:

oh ya and were is that chain going on the picture of the OTHER PITBULL ? :blink:
smiley
Addicted member

Postby saracen » 2007-03-19 22:25

You know, I have a big stick, and according to some sources, a whip, which I am not afraid to use!!! :poke: :lol:

And, I have no idea.... I really hate to think! Think its a male dog? :blink:
Click for Quiz!
--------
ImageImageImage
saracen

Postby smiley » 2007-03-19 22:36

:huh:
ill shut up about your pit bull then.......
smiley
Addicted member

Postby Indigo Blue Fish » 2007-03-20 09:47

*laughs* Dink's gorgeous. I see what you mean about her tail - was it always like that do you think?
Indigo Blue Fish
Addicted member

Next

Return to The lounge