s, and how New Orleans responds.The Rams often favor the run

New to freshwater? This is the place to post!

s, and how New Orleans responds.The Rams often favor the run

Postby elaine95 » 2019-08-10 08:05

EAST RUTHERFORD http://www.bearscheapstores.com/riley-ridley-jersey-cheap , N.J. (AP) — Odell Beckham Jr. is sick of losing and frustrated with seemingly being asked to take tests every other week by the NFL for performance-enhancers.Beckham tweeted about the tests Thursday before the Giants (0-2) practiced for Sunday’s game in Houston against the Texans (0-2).“It’s actually funny how I ‘randomly’ get tested every other week,” Beckham wrote. “Dear @NFL please stop sending these people, ur takin away from meeting times and film… thanks.”Beckham has never been suspended by the league for using a banned substance.As far as losing, Beckham hasn’t been on the field for a win since the end of the 2016 season. He was hurt in Game 5 last year, breaking his ankle against the Chargers.There are limits to the amount of times a player can be tested.Under the 2018 NFL Policy on Performance Enhancing Substances, the program is run by an independent administrator. A computer randomly picks up to 10 players a week to be tested.Players may have their urine and or blood tested a maximum of 24 times annually for reasonable cause. Offseason tests are limited to a maximum of six urine and/or blood tests per player.Once informed they have been chosen for testing, players have three hours to submit a sample.The program was set up in collective bargaining between the league and the NFL Players Association.Hours after his tweet, Beckham seemed more tolerant about the tests, which he said were for performance-enhancers.“Yeah, that’s like steroids. I’m looking big!” said the 25-year-old who recently became the NFL’s highest-paid receiver. “This is like performance-enhancing stuff. I pretty much get tested every week. I’ll just take it as a compliment.”Beckham had had an up-and-down season in returning from his injury. He had 11 catches in the opener against Jacksonville and was limited to four against Dallas this past weekend. There were long stretches against the Cowboys where he was not involved in the offense.“It’s tough, but I think that’s the part where I’ve grown up the most http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/trysten-hill-jersey-cheap , is just being able to stay in it and know that it’s always one play that’s right there,” said Beckham, who is averaging almost 11 yards a catch. “It’s always one play away.”While the Giants have scored 28 points in two games, Beckham thinks the offense can be potent.“I feel personally, I could score two touchdowns every game,” said Beckham, who has not scored this season. “I feel like Saquon (Barkley) could score two every game. There are other people on this team who could score every single game.“That’s over 35 points. It’s just a matter of executing it and making it happen, really. But it doesn’t seem out of reach for me in my mind, I don’t want to win 24-21. I’m trying to win 52-18, whatever they score.”The most recent time Beckham won a game was the regular-season finale against Washington in 2016. New York lost the playoff game to Green Bay and started last season with five straight losses. Beckham only played in four of those games, missing the season opener with an ankle injury. So he is on a personal six-game losing streak.“I don’t remember the last time I won a game was Connor McGovern Jersey ,” he said. “Maybe some cards or something, but not an NFL football game. I haven’t won one in a long time. It’s definitely not a good feeling, not something you come here to do. You don’t come here to lose, you just don’t.”NOTES: CB Eli Apple (hamstring) and LB Olivier Vernon (high ankle sprain) did not practice. It seems unlikely they will play this weekend. … LB Connor Barwin (knee) and TE Evan Engram (ankle) were both back on a limited basis and are expected to play Sunday. … Giants special teams coach Thomas McGaughey has been taking a trip to Houston for months to get cancer treatment. He plans to see his wife and children again but he won’t have much time. “Game day is game day. It’s a business trip. I just went home on Monday. It’s one of those deals, you go ahead and go play, get on the plane and go back home.” METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Marshon Lattimore and the Saints‘ secondary no longer look — or sound — haunted by the “Minnesota Miracle” touchdown pass that stunningly ended their playoffs one year ago.“We don’t panic. We don’t do none of that,” Lattimore said. “We adjust well.”Lattimore backed that up with his late-game interception against Philadelphia last weekend — his second of the game — securing the Saints’ trip to Sunday’s NFC title game.Now the question is whether a Saints defensive backfield that ranked 29th against the pass this season is prepared to do what it takes to slow down the potent Los Angeles Rams with the Super Bowl bid on the line.“We’re ready,” said Saints cornerback Eli Apple, who was brought in via trade to help shore up a New Orleans pass defense that was shaky early this season.“We’ve just got to continue to be persistent in these meetings with our questions, everybody get on the same page and learning Khari Willis Jersey , just applying it on the field and going hard.”New Orleans gave up an average of 268.9 yards per game this season, but Lattimore said part of their unflattering ranking as a pass defense stems from a couple of poor performances early in the season, starting with a 48-40 loss to Tampa Bay in Week 1 and a 43-37 Week 3 overtime victory at Atlanta .“We had a big hole to climb out of at the beginning of the season. We don’t really worry about that though,” Lattimore said. “We’re winning. So, we’re good.”Lattimore said he also has improved individually since struggling some at the beginning of the season and might be playing his best now.“I’m just making plays that come my way,” Lattimore said. “I have to be the one to make those plays. It’s a bigger stage right now. So, I have to come up and do the job for my team.”Saints nickel back P.J. Williams said the Saints’ poor ranking against the pass is misleading because New Orleans ranked first most of the season against the run before finishing second. Meanwhile, Drew Brees and New Orleans’ high-powered offense have staked the Saints to a lot of leads.And when teams fall behind, they tend to run less because it takes too much time off the clock.“They can’t run the ball. You got to pass the ball. You’re playing from behind,” Williams said. “So a team might get 300 or so passing yards, but at the end of the day Josh Allen Jersey , they’re trying to come back.”Williams said the Saints are more concerned with opposing QBs’ completion rate than how many yards they allow. On that front, New Orleans ranked somewhat better, at 23rd, allowing a 66.5 percent completion rate.Rams quarterback Jared Goff completed 28 of 40 passes for 391 yards and three TDs the previous time he played in the Superdome.Whether he’ll be as productive in the rematch depends on how Los Angeles decides to attack the Saints, and how New Orleans responds.The Rams often favor the running game, and rushed 48 times for 273 yards in a playoff victory over Dallas last week.But Los Angeles largely abandoned the run during its midseason meeting with the Saints after New Orleans raced to a 35-14 lead in the second quarter. The Rams wound up rushing just 19 times in a 45-35 loss.Lattimore said if the Rams abandoned the run again, New Orleans’ secondary will have to be prepared for heavy doses of receivers Brandin Cooks, whose speed makes him an elite deep threat, and Robert Woods, who lines up all over the field.And if the game is close, it could be up to the Saints’ secondary to close out another high-stakes affair.Last year Jawaan Taylor Jersey , that scenario ended with the Vikings’ Stefon Diggs making a leaping catch near the sideline and running free to the end zone as time expired after safety Marcus Williams missed a tackle and took out teammate Ken Crawley in the process.This year, the Saints’ secondary has closed out one playoff victory and sounds confident it will rise to that challenge again, if needed.“We’ve done a great job finishing games, making adjustments, playing fast, physical, making great plays on the ball, just got to keep it going,” Apple said. “Something we always talk about is closing games. We want that on our shoulders and that pressure that comes with it.”
elaine95
Addicted member

Return to Getting started!